Terms & Conditions Last updated 20/October/2015
1. Booking of training courses requires payment in full in order to complete booking and secure a place on a course. If payment cannot be made online, please contact ASL Safety and Training Limited to arrange an alternative method of payment.
(a) Cancellation of a booking will be accepted up to 48 hours prior to the course start date.
(b) Cancellation within 48 hours of the course start date will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
(c) Cancellation on the day of training or failure to attend (a ‘no show’) on the training course will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
(d) Cancellation by ASL Safety and Training Limited:
Under no circumstance will ASL Safety and Training Limited be liable for any cost, whether incurred directly or indirectly, caused as a result of any cancellation or change of venue or date.
In the event ASL Safety and Training Limited need to cancel a course or change the time, venue or date of a course, we will attempt to notify all affected parties, including the venue, trainers and any clients registered for the course as soon as possible.
Cancellations due to unforeseen circumstances may occur at any time.
Should ASL Safety and Training Limited need to cancel a course, all registered clients will be offered the options of booking on an alternative course in the future or receiving a full refund.
3. In the compilation of this website, every care has been taken to ensure accuracy. Where errors or omissions are brought to the attention of ASL Safety and Training Limited, amendments will be made as speedily as possible. However, ASL Safety and Training Limited does not accept any liability to any person for direct or consequential loss caused to the user arising from anything contained in this site, or for any error or omission in it, even if such loss or damage is caused by the negligence of ASL Safety and Training Limited or its agents.
4. The editorial content of this website is copyright of ASL Safety and Training Limited and/or the authors, photographers and illustrators who contribute material to the site, and the user shall not alter or remove any copyright symbol, or any other identification or information, concerning the authorship or ownership of any of the content of the site.
5. The user shall not copy, market, resell, distribute, retransmit, publish, or otherwise transfer or commercially exploit, in any form, any of the content of the website.
6. The user will not use or display the name or logo of ASL Safety and Training Limited or any of its other trading names or identification marks, logos, etc., or act in any way that would imply that the user is an agent of ASL Safety and Training Limited.
7. Clicking on certain links within this website may take the user to other sites and ASL Safety and Training Limited shall have no responsibility or liability of any kind for the accuracy of information, for chargeable services, or any other aspect of any such websites.
8. Due to the nature of interactive services and the Internet generally, ASL Safety and Training Limited gives no warranty or commitment that the use of the website will be free from interruptions or errors, and ASL Safety and Training Limited shall have no responsibility or liability in respect of, or arising out of, any communication or network defects, breakdown, malfunction, error, delays or failures (whether temporary or otherwise) while using the site.
9. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland (excluding laws governing the conflict of laws) and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the Irish courts. This will not prevent ASL Safety and Training Limited from pursuing a claim for breach of contract, copyright infringement or otherwise in respect of these terms and conditions in any other jurisdiction throughout the world.
ASL Safety and Training Limited may make changes and update these terms and conditions at any time. Please check the terms and conditions on this Web Site from time to time as your continued use of the Web Site means you accept those changes and updates.
ASL Safety and Training Limited has taken all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information on the pages of this site it can accept no legal liability in respect of any inaccuracy or incompleteness in such information.
ASL Safety and Training Limited is NOT responsible for the contents of any off site pages referenced or linked to.
Material on this website is protected by copyright. Reproduction of material from this website is authorised for personal use. Reproduction for other uses is permitted, provided that the source is acknowledged. All material on this website, including, (but not limited to) design, text, graphics and all software compilations and underlying source code are the copyright of ASL Safety and Training Limited, all rights reserved.
ASL Safety and Training Limited provides this Web Site on an "as is" basis only. With respect to all information in whatever form available from this Web Site, neither ASL Safety and Training Limited nor any of their employees, makes any warranty, express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights.
We make all possible effort to ensure that this website is free from viruses and defects. However, we cannot guarantee that use of this Web Site or of any web sites accessed through it, will not damage your computer; ASL Safety and Training Limited shall not be liable for any loss or damage incurred as a result of using this Web Site.
Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by ASL Safety and Training Limited. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of ASL Safety and Training Limited, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
ASL Safety and Training Limited authored documents are owned solely by ASL Safety and Training Limited. Accordingly, ASL Safety and Training Limited retains a nonexclusive, royalty-free license to publish or reproduce these documents, or allow others to do so. All documents available from this server may be protected under Irish and Foreign Copyright Laws. Permission to reproduce may be required.
You agree to indemnify and hold ASL Safety and Training Limited, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements, including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees resulting from, or alleged to result from, your use of this website and its content, in a manner that breaches or is alleged to breach these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with Irish Law and any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or the legal relationship established by them, shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
ASL Safety and Training Limited, Arklow Business Centre, Kilbride Industrial Estate, Kilbride, Arklow, Co. Wicklow, Ireland.
First of all, we guarantee to be transparent in our dealings with you as to what information we will collect and how we will use your information. Also, we only collect and use individual user details where we have legitimate business reasons, and are legally entitled to do so. (Information on your data privacy rights is available on www.dataprivacy.ie, the website of the Irish Data Protection Commissioner.)
We collect information on our users:
1. through use of the website. We collect IP addresses from visitors to our website (an IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet). This allows us to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use and to establish the number of visits from different countries.
3. through registration with www.aslsafety.com and when entering competitions. To register a user for services such as www.aslsafety.com, we need to collect information such as, at a minimum, a name, address, PPS Number, telephone number, date of birth, and email address.
Note: If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to us. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
We collect different types of information about our users for these main reasons:
1. As a means of identification.
2. To allow you to book a place on a training course and to help us offer you renewal training if or when required.
3. To maintain your training history and to ensure your training record is allocated to the correct person, particularly in circumstances when we may have more than one person with the same name.
4. To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer, including this website. As part of this, we may use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified).
We may contact you:
1. To advise you of upcoming dates for training courses you have expressed an interest in or asked to be notified of.
2. To advise you if or when you are due to attend a renewal or refresher of a course you attended with us.
3. for administration reasons related to the service to which you have signed up (e.g. to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance).
4. in response to any contact you have made with us, e.g. on the ASL Safety and Training Limited Facebook page, or via the Contact Us facility.
5. to invite you to participate in surveys about our services (participation is always voluntary).
6. Where ASL Safety and Training Limited wishes to use your personal information in any other way, we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed in this document.
We do our utmost to protect user privacy through the appropriate use of the security technology: we ensure that we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information; and we ensure that when we outsource any processes that the service provider has appropriate security measures.
However, at any time should our website contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties, these third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
We will not share your personal information with others for marketing purposes (such as to send communications by e-mail), unless you have given us your permission.
However, we do reserve the right to access and disclose personal data to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both ourselves and our users.
We may also use service providers to help us run this site or services available on the site. Any third parties who access your data in the course of providing services on our behalf are subject to strict contractual restrictions to ensure that your data is protected, in compliance with data protection legislation.
The Data Controller for www.aslsafety.com and services provided through the website is ASL Safety and Training Limited, Arklow Business Centre, Kilbride Industrial Estate, Kilbride, Arklow, Co. Wicklow, Ireland.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold on you, or have any queries regarding ASL Safety and Training Limited’s use of personal data please contact firstname.lastname@example.org